Wednesday, March 27, 2013

TopicOfTheDay

topic: the violence within.


Rami Abdelmalek:

thought it was the final countdown so I went for broke-monetarily physically spiritually-I turned on my instincts and made them worthless as frenemies at the buffet as scrounged for samosas and leftover gyro meat-calling it steak and potatoes-knowing better and not caring (mind tricks the body Body thinks the mind is crazy)I did myself wrong and paid the price I compromised my life for fleeting moments of destruction I avoided the mirror and tethered the dark cloud to my shadow I killed everything I love 

The violent part is not getting stuck in a rut living life staring in the rearview mirror I remain vigilant against the terror that I can revert to I do this for me I do this for you


Jules Sastre:

The weapons of mass destruction, the blades, the fire, and the tears of manipulation live deeply inside a mind and soul. The power of violence decides who becomes the hunter and who bleeds with the prey. Who wins the war and who hides with his lies. Its not the blood on the sidewalk that took over the graveyard but the missiles ripping through the muscles inside. Take down a enemy with words and take down a love with a smile. As the battles decrease so does the body. Wilting away, falling downhill, and taking all that was left of pride. This violence inside does not win the war, only digs the grave.

No comments:

Post a Comment